30 March 2011

Sound level readings of pipeline


From: James

Subject: Sound level readings of pipeline in Seaton

Dear Ms Wallace,

Thank you for the information about the sound levels you read from the pipeline over Harbour Road this evening while the infill was being discharged. Your reading of 90 dB at the maximum was higher than the 83 dB my inferior equipment was reading. I understand that any levels over 85dB require ear protection to avoid hearing loss and I should be grateful for your comments on the hazard this represents to passers-by, as well as local residents

I did notice that the unlagged rising section of the pipeline seemed to be emitting the most noise. Perhaps Westminster Dredging might now consider lagging it, as I suggested in my email of 23rd March.

James Semple

No comments:

Post a Comment